In this episode of Marketing Distilled I interview Tim Hines.
Tim Hines, a.k.a. “The Marketing Starter,” is a marketing evangelist, keynote speaker, podcast show host, and author specializing in developing omni-channel programs for disruptive brands and cutting-edge technology. With over seventeen years of experience, Tim has developed strategic marketing initiatives with a multitude of industry-leading companies.
Tim has a passion for entrepreneurship and has started three companies – BTSocial, CurbNinja and Pitch Training Camp – and has consulted and coached many entrepreneurs to develop marketing plans and hone their pitching skills.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
He is also a proud member of the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) and the American Marketing Association (AMA)
When Tim isn’t working, Tim enjoys the three B’s; Biking, Boarding, and BBQ. He loves riding his motorcycle as much as he can exploring the world around him. Since a high schooler, he’s been snowboarding and loves carving through fresh powder snow. Since moving to the Austin Texas area, he’s had ample chance to enjoy as much BBQ as he can!
Welcome to Marketing Distilled!
I. Discussion of the book The Marketing Starter
- How have you seen the principles you teach in your book transform clients, where they were and where they are now?
- How would you describe the opposite of a Marketing Starter
- Who is this book written for?
- On page 59 you describe how you discussed your career trajectory with your leader. What became of that and what advice do you have for other marketers who want to clearly share career goals and where they want to go?
- You say that marketing is about trial and error, especially in new positions and companies. How can the marketer communicate this critical part of marketing to CEOs and executives who might demand instant results?
- There always seems to be a divide between marketing and sales departments. How can we fix that and work better together?
- Why are labs better than factories? (94)
- Burnout, especially in today’s times, is always a problem. How can Marketing Starters avoid, manage, or deal with burnout?
Consider buying Marketing Starter
The Marketing Starter is available on Amazon and available here:
II. What’s broken with marketing today and how can marketers fix it?
IV. Lightning Round Questions
- Favorite social media channel?
- Least favorite social media channel?
- Ask for forgiveness or permission?
- You can have dinner with anyone in the world from any time period. Who would you pick and why?
- Favorite professional athlete?
- Whats one thing you wasted money on?