In this episode of Marketing Distilled, I interview Izzy House
Today on the Marketing Distilled podcast we are joined by Izzy House, who I think might be one of the few experts in the field of marketing for the aerospace industry. Izzy is a marketing expert and space nerd. Space Marketing is at the heart of Izzy’s career. She combines both her expertise in marketing with her love of space exploration and technologies. With more than twenty years of experience in marketing, public relations and affairs, and civic outreach for governmental agencies, aerospace, and aviation organizations, her goal is to empower new space companies to take their ideas and products out of this world!
- Discuss what made you interested in marketing for the space industry and companies in the aerospace industry.
- Describe for us the landscape of space before the 2015 Space Act and what’s happened since that legislation was passed.
- Some of the newer space companies include Inspiration4, Blue Origin, and Virgin Galactic. Tell us what you know of these companies. How do they market themselves and what makes them different?
- The space industry has produced what they call “spin-offs” where the development of technology gets spun off to civilian or everyday things. These are like dust busters, water filtration, and more. What are some marketing techniques that space companies use that everyday businesses can use?
Izzy has written a book, called Space Marketing. What’s the book about and who is it for?
- How is marketing for the space industry different than other industries?
- Who is a space company?
Lightning Round Questions
We’re going to ask Izzy some fun questions to wrap up our episode:
- Who’s your favorite astronaut, living or dead?
- Favorite social media channel?
- Least favorite social media channel?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Which aerospace company do you dream of working for?
- Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Marketing Distilled Sponsors
The Marketing Distilled Podcast is sponsored by: