In this episode of Marketing Distilled, We Interview a veteran of the marketing industry and digital marketing expert and educator Matt Bailey. Matt has worked with high-caliber brands like Microsoft, Disney, Nationwide, Proctor & Gamble, and more. We discuss the tactics of analytics, SEO, websites, and more in this wide-ranging episode.
Let’s Get to Know Matt Bailey
- Coffee snob
- History, Philosophy, and Culture
- Have you always known that you’d want to be in marketing or how did you get to where you wanted to be a marketer?
- Let’s go back to the very beginning: when you built an online real-estate business in 1997, why did you create it, and then what did you learn from that experience?
- Your agency is focused on website development and SEO. How did you decide on that service?
- You seem to focus a lot of your work on data and analytics on that data. I guess this could be a dumb question, but why should marketers and business owners focus so much on data? What’s the best approach (broadly) to get started or get a handle on their numbers?
- Here’s an interesting question (one that I’ve not really explored). Websites and blogs are created to rank for search and for keywords. How would you advise a small business to create its keyword strategy and develop some content around those keywords?
- Google Analytics 4 is coming up next year. What will change and what should marketers know coming down the pike?
- What do you think are the fundamental metrics for any business to track? What are some metrics that you think people shouldn’t care about?
New Dogs and Old Tricks
Open discussion on new marketers and the tricks and things they need to know.
- Coke or Pepsi
- Dunkin or Starbucks
- Forgiveness or permission?
- If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be and what would you talk about?
- Dream vacation Location with your family?
How can we keep in touch with you
- Matt Bailey’s Website: www.sitelogicmarketing.com
- Courses that Matt Teaches: learn.sitelogic.com
- Find Matt Bailey on Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/mattbaileysitelogic/
- Matt Bailey’s Podcast, The Endless Coffee Cup with Matt Bailey
Resources for the Show:
*Links clicked to Asana, Agorapulse, Evernote, and WPEngine and purchases made through them may earn me a small commission.